Sanding
Today I was sanding this carving of a dolphin that a friend named Halva has given to me as a going away present. Yes that means I am leaving tomorrow for St. Maarten, and possible until January. I spent a long time slowly sanding this carving and meditating. He spoke a little about his thoughts on the state of the world and the minds of people in St.Kitts. It was especially interesting when he spoke about the lasting effects of slavery on the hearts and minds of the people.
Inside one of the rooms in the Bahai center there is a library of books. There is fairly old collection with few out of print and obscure Bahai related books. One of the books is "The Way of Life of Wu Ming Fu" by Stanwood Cobb. Here is an excerpt:
"Something of sorrow there must be in every life,
Something to annoy-
That from these birth-pangs there bursts suddenly
Some new and splendid joy."

3 Comments:
Dolphins... carving... meditating... no more Human Slavery... the Tao of Life of Wu Ming Fu... Bahai Service to Humanity + one's own, new inner realizations... SORROW... anoyances... JOY = LIFE in our beautiful & ever-changing Universe (GOD).
Hi LD! Great to hear you're going to St. Maarten - some Dutch influences coming your way ;-) Very nich to read your thoughts. We miss you at the Cafe. Godspeed.
P
Dear LD-I hear your contemplation, I feel your serenity and love. LD- the world citizen in action! LD good luck to your new project in St. Maarten. Watch and learn and act with confidence. The Concourse is right by your side. You are a true servant of God! Lovingly, Mom
Post a Comment
<< Home